You are searching about Average Weight Of A 5 3 12-Year Old Boy, today we will share with you article about Average Weight Of A 5 3 12-Year Old Boy was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Average Weight Of A 5 3 12-Year Old Boy is useful to you.
Tips on How to Grow Sunflowers From Seed
The sunflower (Helianthus annuus) is a fun plant to grow, especially for children. Whether growing for competition or pleasure, implementing the following tips will help provide the best flowers for growth and good health.
Choose a type of flower to grow
The first step in growing sunflowers is to decide on the type you want to grow. There are 67 species of sunflowers around the world with single or multiple stems, growing in height, head size and color. Read the details of each popular variety below to help you make the right choice about which sunflower you want to grow.
Music box Known as a dwarf variety, it grows up to 28 inches tall, making it suitable for container planting.
Written a smaller type of sunflower than the Music Box, growing around 12 – 18 inches.
Italian White sunflower, also a small type but with brightly colored flowers.
Autumn Mix Unlike the above, it usually grows over 6ft tall with yellow and rusty flower heads, 5 – 6 inches in diameter.
The largest flower species such as the Russian Giant grows more than 15 meters in length and the main diameter up to 20 centimeters. Of course, the larger types of sunflowers will require more space than the other types mentioned earlier. It’s great if you have a place to grow them.
What is the best place to plant sunflowers
Grow sunflowers in direct sunlight and shelter from the wind. Protect your sunflowers by supporting the stems with bamboo poles once the sunflowers reach 1ft in height. This will help the stem to grow straight and protect the sunflower from wind damage.
As the sunflower matures, the weight of the heads on the long stems leaves the sunflower vulnerable to wind damage. Because sunflowers grow between 2 and 6 feet tall, the risk of wind damage is much lower than that of indoor sunflowers.
What is the best soil to grow flowers
Plant in a good quality soil such as my personal favorite – Miracle Grow potting mix which has good water retention, supplemented with plant food. Keep the soil moist and prevent it from drying out completely. Consider adding compost to the garden soil where you want to grow the seeds or seedlings.
Tips for seed germination
If you want to germinate the sunflower seeds before planting in the ground, put at least 10 towels, place the towels on the plate, and pour water on them. Sprinkle the seeds well over the wet towel before placing them in a warm place such as the refrigerator. The more paper towels you use, the better their water retention capacity, which means less frequent watering.
Controlling the seeds with regular watering will prevent the paper towels from drying out, especially in hot environments or direct sunlight. When sunflower seeds begin to germinate, plant them in a compost mixed with your garden compost 2 inches deep, 1-2 feet apart.
Sowing sunflower seeds in pots
If you are germinating sunflower seeds in pots, sow one seed in each pot 1 inch deep in a 3 inch diameter pot. Apply a good quality compost such as Miracle Grow potting mix, before covering the top of the pot with clear cling film.
When the green leaves appear above the ground after sprouting, remove the film and place it near a window that receives the most sunlight during the day if possible. Turn the pot to 180 degrees in the morning and again in the evening, checking to make sure the soil is moist.
If the pot is too small or the sunflower is left in the pot too long, it is likely that it will have heavy roots around the walls of the pot. Because sunflowers have long taproots that can grow up to 4ft deep, allowing the plant to reach this stage in a pot will stunt growth.
A dense root can be safely removed by cutting no more than 1/3 with a sharp knife. Remove and discard the dead soil around the sunflower roots before planting in the garden. Don’t forget to be careful not to damage the rest of the healthy roots in the process.
Sowing sunflower seeds in the garden (recommended)
Direct seeding in the garden is my favorite method with the most success. Sow sunflower seeds after the last winter frosts have passed and night temperatures have risen to 5º or 10º Celsius. Sow in loose soil at a depth of 50mm (2 inches) between 1 – 2ft. Water regularly up to 2 feet high when the second set of leaves appear. Liquid fertilizer should be added to the feed water from now on.
- The sunflower (Helianthus annuus) is a fun plant to grow, especially for children. Sunflowers can reach a height of 12 meters and a diameter of up to 30cm.
- The head of the sunflower, which is often called a flower, contains 1000 – 2000 individual flowers. The petals around the head are ray flowers.
- Sunflowers are one of the fastest growing plants in the world, growing up to 30cm (1ft) per day.
- A unique characteristic of sunflowers is their ability to track the path of sunlight by pointing their heads at the sun. This behavior is called heliotropism.
- Sunflowers have smaller seeds, grow multiple branches and/or branches with more than one head. For hundreds of years the best seed selection has been the larger sunflowers with stems and heads.
- The sunflower is the state flower of Kansas, USA and the national flower of Russia.
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the tallest sunflower planted was in 1986 by M Heijms in Oirschot, Netherlands, at a height of 25ft 5.5 inches (776 cm).
- The largest sunflower head recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records is 32 1/4 inches (82 cm) in diameter, grown by Emily Martin of Maple Ridge, Canada in the hot summer of 1983.
- Although native to America, 60% of the world’s sunflower population grows in Europe and Russia. Popular varieties for sunflower growers starting with tallest: Moonwalker, Pastiche, Velvet Queen, Russian Giant and the smaller Teddy Bear and Big Smile varieties.
- Sunflowers are very effective at attracting butterflies, bees and birds.
- Sunflowers are used to produce sunflower oil. As seeds, they are used in poultry feed and are a healthy food for children and adults.
- Oilseeds have 50% polyunsaturated fat and are rich in Omega-6 which has been proven to reduce the risk of heart disease. Sunflower seeds are rich in calcium along with many other vitamins and minerals.
- Scientific name for sunflower; Helianthus comes from two Greek words, Helios meaning sun and Anthos meaning flower.
- Sunflowers are perennial plants that grow every year.
- Sunflower seeds are poisonous to grasses so keep them away from your lawn where they can die from falling seeds.
Sun: A good choice for children
Sunflowers are a good choice for children to grow. They are eye-catching, attract various insects such as butterflies, bees and birds in addition to being easy to grow.
You might want to encourage friends or neighbors to compete to see who can grow the tallest sunflower. I personally have fond memories of being a 9-year-old kid, competing with my neighbors. If my memory serves me correctly, I managed to grow three sunflowers to a height of about 6ft. Even though I’m young, everything seems bigger at that age, so I could be wrong. I know I shouldn’t be proud, but naturally I won… of course.:) Sorry!!
The BBSRC (atiotechnology and atlogical Ssciences Rsearch Cuncle… phew) has produced a sunflower growing activity eBook for kids to grow their own sunflowers, while learning how plants grow.
Caring for Sunflower Plants
The flowers, which take two weeks to appear and 90 days to fully bloom, need plenty of water and sunlight. If using a chemical weed killer, make sure it is suitable for use on sunflowers or hand weeding. Excessive flowering can damage the flower heads, especially 20 days before or 20 days after full bloom.
Pour about 2 liters of liquid fertilizer per week around the roots of the sunflower, being careful not to pour the solution over the stem as it has been found that the stem can rot.
Try to position your sunflowers to spend as much time in the sun as possible, preferably for 6-8 hours or more. If strong winds are forecast, hold off on watering until the wind dies down to avoid blowing the sunflowers.
Video about Average Weight Of A 5 3 12-Year Old Boy
You can see more content about Average Weight Of A 5 3 12-Year Old Boy on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about Average Weight Of A 5 3 12-Year Old Boy
If you have any questions about Average Weight Of A 5 3 12-Year Old Boy, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Average Weight Of A 5 3 12-Year Old Boy was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Average Weight Of A 5 3 12-Year Old Boy helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Average Weight Of A 5 3 12-Year Old Boy
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords Average Weight Of A 5 3 12-Year Old Boy
Average Weight Of A 5 3 12-Year Old Boy
way Average Weight Of A 5 3 12-Year Old Boy
tutorial Average Weight Of A 5 3 12-Year Old Boy
Average Weight Of A 5 3 12-Year Old Boy free
#Tips #Grow #Sunflowers #Seed