You are searching about How Many Calories Should My Dog Eat To Gain Weight, today we will share with you article about How Many Calories Should My Dog Eat To Gain Weight was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How Many Calories Should My Dog Eat To Gain Weight is useful to you.
Weight Loss Without Diet
How many times have you tried a diet? I don’t remember how many ways to lose weight I’ve struggled with. As a “normal” woman I have tried to lose weight for long periods during the 47 years of my life. Unfortunately I don’t belong to those people with a metabolism that allows them to eat anything without gaining weight. Every time I indulge in food and drink, my body dutifully converts excess calories into fat. However — and here’s the good news — I’ve successfully managed my weight over the years. I am 1.75 meters tall and weigh approximately 60 kilograms (for the US this would be 5 feet 9 inches and 132 pounds). If I can do it, you can too. My secret: Forget all the fad diets and indulge your body and soul.
My qualification: You may ask my qualification to write on the subject of “weight loss without dieting”: I am not a nutrition expert. But I have worked for a decade as a professional journalist for newspapers and radios in Germany and therefore am educated in information gathering and processing.
I have also struggled with weight issues for many years. Growing up I went through a two year “anorexia nervosa” phase, although at this point I was not properly diagnosed and treated as such. Thankfully it didn’t last too long. When I divorced at 29, my eating disorder resurfaced with binge eating. This time I got psychotherapy which helped me a lot.
So, from a layman’s point of view, I dare to say the following:
Diets only make you fat.
Of course, there are exceptions: If you’re super wealthy and can afford your own chef or your own diet caterer, this statement might not apply to you. For the average person, however, following a diet is too restrictive to be successful over a long period of time. Who wants to weigh each piece before eating? Who wants to eat exactly what a diet tells you? A diet leaves no room for urges, cravings or appetites, so a diet gives us a constant feeling of dissatisfaction and restraint.
I strongly believe that only a satisfied and well nourished body can be a slim body. Our bodies express their needs in cravings. When the thought of a strawberry makes my mouth water, I guess, my body needs a strawberry and only a strawberry will bring me the full satisfaction that makes me feel round and good.
When you go on a diet your body gets used to a low calorie intake. Once you start eating normally again, your body happily piles on the pounds and all your efforts are lost. This is especially true of any type of fast or crash diet: I once fasted completely for three weeks and lost all the weight I wanted to lose. My slim body only lasted a week though. When I started eating again, my body jumped on all the calories it had been denied—a very frustrating experience, not to mention the exhausting mental struggle to refrain from eating for three weeks.
In my experience, before you lose a few extra pounds you need to figure out why your body looks the way it does.
Reasons for being overweight:
There are many reasons for being overweight, but I dare say: most of the excess pounds we carry around are ingrained in our psyche. When we take life too heavily, we tend to pile on the pounds. Are you carrying too many responsibilities on your shoulders? Do you always want to do more than you can? Or do you suffer from depression without realizing it?
If we really want to change our weight we have to look within ourselves. Maybe you’ve simply enjoyed life’s culinary pleasures too much and therefore put on a few extra pounds. On the other hand, why do you need to console yourself with food or drink?
Now this may seem obvious and like pseudo-psychology, but I’ve been there and I know what I’m talking about. If you have been seriously struggling with your weight for many years (it doesn’t matter if you are really overweight or not) you should seek the help of a good psychotherapist or get psychological help in any way available. A friend’s understanding ear cannot be underestimated.
Only when you find out what really makes you fat will you be able to lose weight.
I also believe that one of the main reasons for packing on the pounds is the copious amounts of chemicals that are mixed into modern food. First, there are the various glucose and malt syrups that pass directly from the mouth into the bloodstream and from there to the hips.
Then there are all the preservatives that wreak havoc on the digestive system. Just think of the nature of a preservative: its function is to prevent food from being spoiled by bacteria. Unfortunately, our digestive system also works with the help of bacteria. I can’t imagine that food flooded with preservatives can be easily digested or provide enough nutrients for our body.
When you like to overeat, you tend to consume a lot of unhealthy fats. Have you ever checked what kind of oil a restaurant kitchen uses? I dare say that any person who wants to stay healthy shouldn’t consume restaurants or fast food on a daily basis.
Another reason for being overweight may be an undetected yeast infection of the digestive system. Yeast infections are widely spread nowadays and you can easily catch them in any public place. They are very difficult to get rid of. Candida albicans tends to invade the digestive tract and absorb nutrition from the food we eat. The result can be frequent food cravings and binges.
How to stay slim or lose weight: With that said, let me show you how I maintain my weight without dieting — and I love to eat and drink. To all the people who claim that there are foods that help you lose weight, I would like to say the following (of course it’s difficult to gain weight eating only green leafy vegetables or green beans, but who wants to live like this?):
Only food that doesn’t fit in your mouth doesn’t make you fat.
If you want to lose weight, reduce the size of the portions you eat, but do not deny yourself anything. Indulge your appetites and cravings, whether it’s chocolate cake or French fries. Just don’t overeat these sinful delights. Stopped in after a small piece of cake or some fries. Our stomachs are habits: once you get used to smaller portions, you’ll feel satisfied with less. Permanent weight loss is always a slow process, so you should be prepared to eat less for an extended period of time.
1. Exercise. When people ask me how I stay slim over the years, I answer: I eat little and go to the gym at least 3 times a week. There is absolutely no substitute for exercise. Our bodies need to move to function well. Exercise increases heart rate, which brings more blood and nourishment to our cells. Our metabolism and hormone production improve with exercise. After a good workout you feel good and relaxed. It doesn’t matter what kind of exercise you do, the important thing is to get your body moving and your heart pounding. I’ve never considered myself a sports person but I love to sweat it out at the gym because I feel so good afterwards. Luckily, exercise is addictive: Once you get hooked on the awesome feeling after a workout, you start to enjoy it.
2. The Magic Of Love: Falling in love is the easiest way to lose weight. When we fall in love we usually lose a few pounds without even realizing it. Unfortunately this way of losing weight cannot be programmed even if you can work on falling in love with yourself. When was the last time you cuddled? When was the last time you told yourself how lovely you are? Do you ever look at your bare breasts and tell yourself how beautiful you are? Remember: Sex is one of the best exercises to keep yourself slim and fit. If you’re lucky enough to live with a spouse, try everything you can to spice up your sex life. There are a number of publications available, just check out what works for you. If you are alone, there is no reason to despair. Sexual activity with yourself can be a joyful and slimming exercise anytime, anywhere. Be your own best friend and lover – you know best what turns you on.
3. Avoid Sugar And Empty Carbs: Sugar, white flour, rice and other grains that lack natural fibers pass directly from the stomach into the blood. They raise your blood sugar levels giving you a boost until the sugar runs out and you experience a drop in energy. So you need more sugar to give you another boost. A diet high in sugar and empty carbohydrates keeps you eating all day without ever feeling truly full and satisfied. Obviously the occasional ice cream, cookie or cake belongs to the pleasures of life that should be enjoyed, but not considered a normal part of a healthy diet.
4. Eat Lots Of Fiber And Drink Lots Of Water: This keeps digestion active in combination with exercise. When you eat enough fiber and drink water at the same time you will never complain of constipation. Healthy bowel movements are absolutely necessary to feel good. If your food stays too long in your body, waste builds up. Don’t forget to drink water when you eat fiber — fiber without liquids tends to clot the digestive system.
5. Take Lactobacillus: The bacteria in your gut help break down food and nourish your body so it doesn’t need to store fat. If you take lactobacillus in one form or another every day, you will rarely complain of bloating or excessive gas. Lactobacillus comes in many forms nowadays and I find it extremely helpful with all types of ailments. If you don’t like eating curds or other milk products, take the capsules.
6. Avoid Large Meals: Of course, it’s nice to enjoy a five- or six-course meal once in a while when you’re celebrating or just when you feel like it. What would life be without indulgences? However, on a daily basis it’s best to keep your meals small and eat more frequently. Spread your calorie intake throughout the day and don’t eat too late.
7. Avoid Hunger Pangs: Keep eating, don’t wait to starve. When your stomach is growling and you really need something to eat, you tend to overeat too fast. Our brain needs about 20 minutes to register that we have filled our stomach, so it helps to eat slowly and chew carefully.
8. Satisfy Cravings: When something makes your mouth water, try to satisfy this craving. Your body is telling you what it needs. Cravings are one of the ways our bodies express themselves. As mentioned earlier: If you feel like eating a strawberry (or candy bar or hot dog), go with your craving.
9. Vitamins And Minerals: Make sure you are getting enough vitamins and minerals by taking supplements as advised by your doctor.
10. Finally the obvious: Don’t drink too much alcohol; eat lots of fruits and vegetables and get enough sleep. If you can’t sleep well, feel fatigued or unhappy, you may be suffering from depression and/or hormonal imbalance. Go to your doctor and get help. Research your symptoms online and ask your doctor about it.
The author has dedicated a website to tips and recipes for a healthy life: ‘Kornelia’s Kitchen’, www.mediterraneancooking.in.
Video about How Many Calories Should My Dog Eat To Gain Weight
You can see more content about How Many Calories Should My Dog Eat To Gain Weight on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about How Many Calories Should My Dog Eat To Gain Weight
If you have any questions about How Many Calories Should My Dog Eat To Gain Weight, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How Many Calories Should My Dog Eat To Gain Weight was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How Many Calories Should My Dog Eat To Gain Weight helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How Many Calories Should My Dog Eat To Gain Weight
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords How Many Calories Should My Dog Eat To Gain Weight
How Many Calories Should My Dog Eat To Gain Weight
way How Many Calories Should My Dog Eat To Gain Weight
tutorial How Many Calories Should My Dog Eat To Gain Weight
How Many Calories Should My Dog Eat To Gain Weight free
#Weight #Loss #Diet